All over Hungary curfew restrictions have been introduced.
The place of living may only be left for work and obtaining basic needs: Food shops, pharmacies, markets, chemists, filling stations, tobacconists are open for customers.
In the above mentioned units between 9 and 12 am exclusively people over 65 can stay, after 12 o’clock over 65s cannot use these services.
At public places minimum 1.5 meter distance must be kept.
In order to block spreading the virus from 7 am to 11 am and from 2 pm to 6 pm desinfection points are working at several points of Eger. At the points besides disinfectant public health recommendations, everyday information and also the regulations of the local government are available. Locations:
- Dobó István square
- Katona square
- Barkóczy street – coach station
- Lajosváros, Brendon store
- Sas street - Spar hypermarket
- II. Rákóczi Ferenc street, Tesco hypermarket
- crossroads of Kertész and Hadnagy streets
- Railway station
- Baktai street, Coop supermarket
- Hatvani cemetery
- Felnémet, post office
- Bervai ABC supermarket
- Vallon street
Changes in the opening hours of services, attractions
You can get information about the current situation at Tourinform ügyelet, (duty of Tourinform) or turn to the homepage of the servicer concerned.
As with influenza and other microbes that cause respiratory symptoms, the primary mode of person-toperson transmission for the new coronavirus is through respiratory droplets. These droplets contain the virus and are produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
As per our current knowledge, those infected with the new coronavirus are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms in about 80% of cases. The mortality rate of the disease is around 2-3%.
The most common symptoms of the disease are fever, chills, a dry cough and shortness of breath. In addition, any of the following symptoms may also be present: a sore throat; muscle pain; nasal congestion; a runny nose; and fatigue.
In case you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, especially:
- if you are experiencing a fever with a temperature of 38°C or above, as well as a rapid onset of cough or shortness of breath, regardless of the severity of the symptoms, and
- if you have been in close contact in the 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms with someone confirmed to have or suspected of having COVID-19 infection, or
- if you have been to China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, South-Korea, Iran, or the Italian regions of Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Veneto or Piedmont,
you should immediately contact the hotel staff, your host or your interpreter and ask them to call the free coronavirus hotline operating 24/7 in both Hungarian and English on +36-80-277-455 or +36-80-277-456.
The telephone call will be answered by National Public Health Centre staff who will ask you to inform them of any symptoms you are currently experiencing, details of your recent travel history, and details of anybody you have been in recent contact with who was showing signs of respiratory symptoms. Based on the information you provide, the National Centre for Public Health will then decide what further action to take, if necessary.